Dear District 30 Neighbor,
In 2016, District 30 began an in-depth review of our organization’s facilities. Our master facility planning process resulted in a focus on building a new Maple Middle School and the health/life-safety work at our elementary schools. We remain grateful for the support of our referendum that was approved by nearly 76% of our community and for the partnership of La Salceda del Norte, Glenbrook North High School, and the Village of Northbrook in this effort.
The new Maple School has been designed, bids have been accepted, and construction is ready to begin!
District 30’s construction will include several phases:
- Site work preparation and earthwork for the new Maple School in the field adjacent to the current Maple School (late March 2018)
- The District Office will move to our new temporary location by March 15, 2018:
- Our mailing address will remain the same (2374 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL) as mail will be couriered over from Maple School to the bank on a daily basis
- Our new physical address will be at the Northview Bank at 245 Waukegan Road, Northfield, IL 60093
- Demolition of the existing District Office trailers at 2374 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL (early April 2018)
- Construction of the new Maple School (March 2018 through June 2019)
- Demolition of the existing Maple School at 2370 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL (June 2019)
- Completion of the new Maple School campus with water detention, fencing, parking lots, and a field (Summer 2019)
Construction will follow Village of Northbrook ordinances which allow work from 7:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. on weekdays, and (if needed) 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Thank you all in advance for your patience through this effort which will generate a modern, flexible, comprehensive, and responsible new middle school for our students, staff, and community. You can find more information at http://www.D30facilities.org. If you have questions now or during construction, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 847-498-4190.