District 30 exists to create a community that craves learning, fosters resiliency, and cares deeply for every child.
We honor childhood and foster intellectual, physical, and social-emotional growth.
- Accepting responsibility for all students
- Maintaining strong relationships and collegiality
- Implementing child-centric practices
After a decade of exemplary service, Dr. Nate Carter will be retiring at the end of the 2019-20 school year. Our next Maple School principal will begin service on July 1, 2020, and our goal is to fill this critical position by February of 2020. Staff, administration, parents, students, and our Board of Education have provided input that informs this effort. Several Insights into our next principal emerged.
- Active Listener
- Anticipates problems and acts quickly to find solutions
- Consensus builder/team leader
- Maintains high expectations for students, teachers, staff, and self
- Establishes strong routines and systems
- Effective, consistent disciplinarian
- Inspirational and visionary leader
Stakeholders shared significant pride in District 30 and Maple School due to:
- Dedicated and outstanding educators
- Commitment to ALL students
- Our positive culture with a collaborative, caring and kind environment
- High academic standards and achievement
- A kind and supportive community that values education and embraces diversity
- Strong infrastructure and funding (and new building)
Stakeholders also identified insightful areas for focus over the next few years that included:
- Preparing for growing enrollment
- Continuing our Social Emotional Learning focus
- Maintaining outstanding educational achievement
- Innovating with the new facility
- Continuing to foster collaboration and innovation
A committee that includes administrators, Maple staff, parents, and Board Members will conduct interviews of finalists and provide consultative feedback to me to help inform my recommendation for our next Maple School Principal.
We will thoughtfully utilize stakeholder input to identify Maple’s next leader who aligns with District 30’s core values. We then look forward to celebrating Dr. Carter’s achievements in the spring of 2020!
Brian K. Wegley
Superintendent of Schools