Sunday, August 30th, 2015...3:32 pm
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
As we get ready to kick off Reading and Writing Workshop this week, take some time at home with your families to watch this film, “The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.” As you watch, take notice of how Mr. Lessmore’s journey makes you feel. Blog your thoughts and wonderings in the comments section below.
To get you started consider these questions:
- How did Mr. Lessmore feel when he had a book? Why were some images in black and white, and others in color?
- What was Mr. Lessmore writing throughout the film?
- Where did Mr. Lessmore go? How did you feel when he left?
- How did Mr. Lessmore change from the beginning to the end?
- What lesson does this film teach us about reading and writing?
There are so many big ideas wrapped up in this film. Every time I watch I see something new. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!